As an oral appliance, dental implants can be used to treat any number of oral health conditions. They may also be used to replace teeth loss. Dental implants are tiny titanium posts that are surgically inserted into the jawbone. Once implanted, the posts are fused with the jawbone, becoming permanent.
The posts provide a strong foundation for prosthetic teeth, such as crowns, bridges, and dentures. The prosthetic teeth are attached to the implants, creating a seamless smile.
How do Dental Implants work?
Dental implants are titanium posts that are surgically inserted into the jawbone to replace missing tooth roots. These posts provide a sturdy foundation for replacement teeth. Dental implants can also be used to secure dentures and bridges, making them more secure and comfortable.
The procedure typically takes two appointments. During the first appointment, the implants are surgically placed, and the patient is given a temporary restoration to wear during the healing period. During the next appointment, the permanent restoration is attached.
Dental implants in Chicago, IL, are a great solution for patients who are missing one or more teeth and want a restoration that looks and feels natural.
What are the benefits of Dental Implants?
The benefits of dental implants are as follows:
- When patients choose dental implants, they regain the ability to smile openly and confidently.
- They improve a person's appearance by helping them look younger and healthier.
- Dental implants can restore your ability to enunciate words properly, allowing you to express yourself with confidence.
- They provide better bite strength and stability compared to traditional tooth replacements.
- The durability of dental implants depends on the quality of materials and the skill of the dentist.
- With proper care, dental implants can last a lifetime.
- Dental implants can dramatically improve your self-esteem by allowing you to eat whatever you want.
How can I maintain my Dental Implant?
Patients should brush their teeth twice a day and floss at least once per day. In addition to daily oral hygiene, patients should also visit their dentist at least twice a year for dental exams and cleanings.
After you've restored a dental implant, it's important to maintain your oral hygiene routine. This includes brushing twice a day for two minutes at a time. Daily flossing is also essential to prevent cavities.
To clean your restoration, use a soft-bristled toothbrush and non-abrasive toothpaste. Be sure to brush along the gum line to remove plaque and food particles.
At Dynamic Dental Services, we offer the best dental care possible to each of our patients in a positive and relaxing environment. If you're ready to experience the best dental care, please contact us at (773) 538-6191 or visit us at 5401 S. WENTWORTH AVE. #200, Chicago, IL 60609.